Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 2: MTC

Man, to even begin to try and put all of the experiences I’ve had here so far into words is impossible... I love this place and I LOVE being a missionary! To be able to testify that I represent Jesus Christ is so powerful and that is what I will really miss two years from now. 

So, first off: everyone in my district are ignorant little missionaries.... they think that LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan... I honestly don’t even know what to say. This just...grrr... also, they say that Jordan is a jerk!  and that he isn’t sportsman like or anything... thats why they are ignorant. They just don’t even know who he is, but I do. I know how Jordan was and how good he was. They can’t break me! :) It’s all fun and games, but man, they just don’t know anything. Unbelievable.

So we have been teaching investigators this week at the TRC. Some of them are real investigators and some are just pretending. it is so fun to teach! Like at first I was a little nervous,but now I’m just like so confident and ready to go when we do it! I love teaching! its crazy, one of our investigators right now just committed to be baptized and the other one is like against the church ha ha its so fun. I love teaching this people about Christ. No matter what you are teaching, the best way to help them to feel of the truthfulness of the things you tach is to center it on Christ. Without fail it works. 

Got my travel plans! Looks like I’ve got a loooong flight ahead of me next Monday! I fly out on Oct 24, at 4:50 PM from SLC straight to Amsterdam. We arrive there at 10:25 Am the next day.... That is the longest flight I can even imagine... then after a 5 hour layover in a country that doesn’t speak english, we fly to Accra, Ghana and land at 4:30 PM.... 24 hours of straight flying....wow.... Im so excited to call my you in SLC and Amsterdam so be ready for me to call! 

My relationship with Christ is growing ever so strongly. I am really coming to know Him, know what he sounds like, what he feels like, and how He loves these people that we teach. Ive only been here for two weeks and its amazing what I’ve come to learn about my and His relationship. It’s powerful. I truly feel of the power of my being set apart as His representative. I love my mission so far, but its not mine, its His. The experiences I’ve had here are priceless and the growth I’ve felt cannot be achieved any other way but here. The mission is truly amazing and the MTC is truly a sacred place. What a special experience. I cant even begin to describe my gratitude to the Savior. His atonement is real. because of Him, all that is unfair and sad and hard in life can be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ. It has power beyond what we can even understand. It heals everything. Everything. It is miraculous and that is why His name is so sacred. That is why it is so sacred and special to be a representative of Him. I testify of this with conviction and personal surety. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.  

Till next week. Love you all!

Elder Janda

2 Nephi 31



Max's district in class at the Missionary Training Center.



Missing his brother, Mason.

Missing his brother, Miles.