Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 19: Trials and Blessings


Yeah, had a great past two weeks so a persecution week is not unexpected. Haha.

Got really bad food poisoning and was out for two days... that sucked...

Fell on my bike and gashed up my leg and ripped my favorite trousers... sad...

To list how many times Ghanaians speak Twi about us thinking we can't understand is impossible. Hahaha. 

Had a wonderful multi zone conference on Thursday. President is so wise. Every time he gets up I'm like, “Okay, here we go! Get out a pen and paper, ladies and gentlemen, cuz this is gonna be good!” It was awesome.

Couple notes from him:

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 — Is the doctrine of Christ written on our hearts?

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.

The Lord is hastening his work, are you keeping up or are you falling behind?

It was awesome.

Had a wonderful lesson with a new investigator. He is so so so cool of a guy. He always says, "I love you guys" at the end of every lesson and says, “Ciao” when we end a convo on the phone. He is so cool. During our lesson he asked, “Why do bad things happen to people who follow Christ?” This is one of my favorite doctrines to talk and think about. We opened many scriptures and talked about how sometimes it's so that we can say of a surety that the Lord will strengthen us in our trials. I bore solemn testimony of the Atonement and of Christ's unfailing arms always around us every step of our lives. Every step.  

So we had two family members baptized this week! It was awesome and I was so happy. It was a neat experience. I was really glad to be here. I was especially glad to see this family come together in the gospel. With God as my witness, I love that family. They are so tender and so sweet and they understand the need of the gospel. They have true testimonies of it. You can feel it and see it. They're longingly looking at the day that they can go through the temple and be sealed together for time and all eternity. I love it.

Ya micnharyeao (God bless you)