Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 18: Zoo Week

...It is said that a missionary in Africa can survive on nothing but the dew of a single gingko leaf and the energy of the universe…” [Kung Fu Panda]

Had a really good week this week!

So first cool experience: We had an appointment fall through so we were just like, “Let's go contact, I guess”... So we were walking around this village and having no success at all... So we stopped on this road and were like, where are we going now? So I looked down this little road thing and felt prompted small to go down there. So I was like, “Let's go down there!” So we went and then my companion was like, “Let's turn here.” Then we just walked up to this small group of people and were like, “Good afternoon!” Hahaha, so we told them that we had a message for them and that we wanted to share it with them. So we sat down and two women stayed for our lesson... [After a couple lessons that week, one of them] came to church!!! Wow! During church she leaned over and said, “Wow, I like this.” So then later that night, we get a call from her and she is just ecstatic! She said, ”Today I loved church soooo much!” She said, “I felt so so so happy all day about it.” When my comp and I were talking about it after we remembered something she said during a lesson. She said, “I have never felt happy at a church before.” It is amazing to see that God knew exactly how to answer her in the way she needed. Wow, I'm so grateful to be here.

Next we met with another investigator. We go and sit down and then a bunch of old people come in and start getting beer so we were like yeah, we out. But I took small time to testify of the power of prayer. I testified with all of my heart that if she prayed with real intent, God would answer. And to those of you who are reading this, that is factual information!!! Not just wishful thinking. Factual information. I've seen it in my life, I’ve seen it in others. God will answer your prayers. It is in His own time, but the answers do come.

So small break: I’m really lazy with eating nowadays so I just eat the indomie (ramen noodles) raw instead of going through the huge hassle of boiling water and cooking them. So yea, raw indomie is delicious.  Yum, great easy snack.

So yesterday, we randomly had 11 investigators at church... wow. 8 of them we never even met before... Wow. It was a total tender mercy because we have been needing new people to teach. We have big goals but by the grace we can make it!

So all in all, I had an awesome week. I’m still loving this. I am so so grateful for the chance to not only be on a mission, but also to be in Ghana. I’m excited to see what the future of my mission holds and how bad my English will continue to get. I love this truly. Sometimes I’m like I don't want to go home! and then, I’m like.... man, but America is so nice... but I’m happy where I am for now, hahaha.

Ochena wai! (later yo)