Sunday, March 5, 2017

Week 22: Sharing the Gospel

Well, another week flown by. Times flying right now!

So first thing is that my comp is a master with a cam. The guy loves photography. So we have been finding all of these cool cool spots and taking foto shoots. Which is dope. So I have like 200 pics from this week alone. I ll try and send as many as I can but...

So first off update on K. He has experienced a lot of opposition in his life lately. So we met with him and i didn't know what to really do to help him to feel peaceful so i did what i did when i was struggling. We read from Doctrine and Covenants 122. I said, so as you know I love Joseph Smith (he laughed hahaha) So i told him about Joseph and his trials and we read from his account in Doctrine and Covenants 122. The spirit entered as it always does. We read and then I testified to him about how the Savior walked our path before we did and that no matter how deep we sink, we don’t sink lower than the Light of Christ shines. It was powerful and I could tell that it really hit him. I could see it in his reaction, he felt it. K then opened up to James 1 and bore his testimony of how God is with us in our afflictions. It was pretty powerful. So then we read from the Book of Mormon because doing so brings peace into your life and thats what he needed. We read chapter 1 Nephi 4-6 with him and it was amazing. The spirit was there as it always is when you open that book. It was a great visit.

So we met Prince K again. So he told us last time that he wanted to be a great member of the church so by the promptings of the Holy Ghost I taught him about the organization of the church and how the prophet was at the head. We told him about all of the wonderful opportunities and calling he could have in the church and that he would be able to hold the priesthood of God and influence so many lives. He was happy.

So then we went out to contact a referral form the Amasaman elders. The guys name was C. Turns out he lives flipping out in the middle of the bush on the side of a mountain. It was a freaking 16 cedi moto ride to his house!!! So expensive hahaha... but it was sweet. We get up there and he is a Menti (cant speak english) so we are like hey moto drivers pachew bra (pleas come here) and we had them translate. So we begin this lesson and the guys are flipping awesome! They were all three golden investigators! They understood everything. It was cool too because that was the first lesson in Twi I've done in a while so it was cool to see that my Twi is improving really well. I can almost teach a lesson in it which is cool! So C came to church on Sunday and loved it.

After that we went and saw Is who was recently baptized. He has been struggling with financial stuff for the past 5 months. (hasn't been paid for the work he has been doing...) So I felt prompted to talk about how maybe the Lord was testing him to see if he would stay faithful to the church even in rough rough times. Is comes to church at least every sacrament meeting when he can. He is so devoted to the gospel. He is one of those recent converts that really understands his spiritual life. He knows that the gospel is more than just a church.

So the time is far spent but I hope you have enjoyed my simple email.

Oh yeah one last thing is that we had a big multi ward thing where we played sports and stuff haha so fun.

So closing testimony. I love Joseph Smith as I said. I have a burning testimony of that man. He truly was a prophet of God. He did see god and Jesus Christ in the sacred grove. I know it as he did and I can’t deny at just as he declared. My mission experience has solidified that testimony. I know that those things happened. In the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love you guys.