Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 24: 4,800 Miles on a Two Year Mission

Well this week was fast and good.

First lesson on Tuesday was with K. I felt impressed to talk to him about Jesus telling the disciple to let the dead bury their dead. I was like okay here we go. I didn't straight up tell him that he needed to drop everything else in his life and join the church hahaha but I did say that maybe he needed to get a little more serious about the reading of the Book of Mormon in his own time. He was like, yes I agree, so that we can see improvement and progression, I said, “yes exactly.” So I challenged him to read 7 chapters in the Book of Mormon by next week, ambitious i know but I believe he can do it.

We had a lesson with M about the Godhead. People here have no idea who God is. Some people think that He is their father and that He is everywhere and nowhere... (doesn't make any sense) others think they are all one person or thing... or like M. They believe it’s a combo of the two. So we were like, “ok, this is how it is.” It's really interesting here. Everyone goes to a church but they aren't serious about religion. Church to them is just a fun thing they do on Sunday where they get to go and clap with all their friends ha... as we learned with M, he opened up and told us that he has a drinking and smoking problem but that he knows that it will destroy him and so he wants to change. We offered help of any kind whether it be taking his stuff form him right then or having him call us whenever he wanted it so... yeah hopefully he is doing good with that one.

The weekend was a long one. The closer we get to preparation day the slower time goes hahaha but its cool.

Sunday we walked what seemed like years. Elder Bawden has a fit bit and so we track our miles. We walk about 50-55 miles a week. Which is about 2,400 miles a year which is 4,800 miles a mission. Wow… lot of walking. I’m just about 6 months on mission but my legs feel like they are 5 years on mission haha we freaking do a 50 miler every week. And its that kinda terrain to man, Straight hiking!

Nsawam is great and I love being here. This is my 4th transfer in my first area. I’m happy though haha this place is booming! We had 11 investigators at Sacrament Meeting so that was cool.

Twi language is coming along it’s such a simple language hahah

The food here is so spicy haha they literally take peppers (hot hot hot) and grind them up with water hahaha then  you dip your banku in it and swallow it whole. It burns your throughout as it goes down but... hahahaha so food back home that is spicy is like mild compared to this stuff. Hahaha I’m thinking about entering a spicy wings contest when i get home cuz I’d have no problem eating it haha.

Alright, I’m out for today.