Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 29: Adapting to Winneba

I don’t have much to write about this week... this area is really slow so haven’t had any interesting things.

I’m learning French from another Elder in the apartment and so that’s pretty cool.  So far on mission I’ve learned a lot of Twi, some sign language, and now French. along with all the other languages that I’ve learned small phrases in. Haha

A spiritual experience was with A.G. He has been going through a hard time, so I shared Joseph Smith’s experience and we read DC 122... Ghanaians don’t get emotional at all and he almost started crying as he read that... it was pretty powerful. That is my go to Scripture whenever I think about or experience trials. Man, such power in those words.

So we’ve gotten some referrals and they looked super serious and totally good investigators but we found out after we taught them that they all stay in the other guys area!!!! So we gave them 3 solid referrals this week..... yeah that was a bummer... but its okay.

Cool quote:

“If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want is what you sacrifice.”
– Unknown

Love you all!