Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 53: Of Mice and Men and Missionaries

I ate a rat head this week, hence the subject line. It’s an animal called Akrantie, which, being interpreted Bush Cutter, which is to say massive rat that lives in the bush. I took a picture of the skull. I’ll send it with my pics this week. So far I've eaten the heads of three animals here, cow, cat, and rat. Pretty good trumps for dinner conversations, haha. I’m on the hunt for a dog head as per James' challenge. So, maybe if I go to the bush I will get one, haha.

We had a tough day on Wednesday. We sat in traffic all morning on the way to district meeting and again on the way back. We finally got back to our area and the sun was blazing hot. We had a couple of challenging teaching appointments and then as we were walking home a bird pooped on my shirt. Like it could've been in a movie, haha, classic. Some days are better than others.

I had a fun day for my one year. We went to the temple, came back and taught this guy from Togo. His name is R. Man, I wish I could speak French. Then went to the mall and got ice cream and pizza. It was a good day.

One night on our way home it started to rain small small, so we hurried home and then it started dumping. Like I thought our house was going to wash away. All of the wood bridges around were washed away from the water and apparently there was a big explosion at a gas station down the street. Whenever it rains they take the power. So it’s like a freaking adventure. No light so we walk around in darkness with a flash light and thunderous rain outside. Pretty crazy.

Teaching R. is sweet. We started teaching his sister too. Her name is O.. They both told us that they prayed and got answers that this was true. Oh man, I was so happy when I heard that. It is like such a tender mercy to me. These people do get answers to their prayers! It’s all real! So many people don't take it serious and therefore don't get answers.

All right I'm tired of typing so I'm out.

Aficia paa afi komo tu yen. (May another good year go and come.)