Monday, November 20, 2017

Week 59: Ayriem and Agradda

You know that scene in the Martian where he has to rebuild a mars rover and do some other crazy science stuff just to communicate with earth? Well that is how I feel right now. We just took an hour long taxi ride through the middle of a huge forest on a nasty dirt road to get to nearby city so that we can email home. That is life, I guess...

This week was pretty sweet. We are teaching a ton of kids from a nearby school. We play basketball there on Saturday mornings and so the entire school knows us. (We are two white guys who dunk on people all day... its not hard to miss us.) They call me Ayriem (lighting) and they call Elder Villa, Agradda (thunder) haha pretty cool I’d say. Then later in the day we go and teach all of them.


Out here in the deep bush there isn't much variety to what we eat. I’ve eaten the same things the whole week. Tuna sandwich, egg sandwich, and indomie (top ramen in the USA). Oh and I made french toast also.... I’m gonna get scurvy from lack of variety. Is that how you get scurvy?


Two of the people we have been teaching were baptized this week. We are so happy for them. One is named P. the other is J. They are great and so happy to be members. I’m so grateful to be in a fruitful area!