Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 60: Riding a Motorcycle Through West Africa

Jumping right in, I was out in a little village called Twepiase doing interviews for the Zone Leaders. It is a twenty minute motorcycle ride out there and twenty back and on our way back I was like "Wow, I'm riding a motorcycle through the jungle in the middle of West Africa." It was one of those moments that reminds you where you are and how crazy it is.

A chicken was stuck in our apartment compound for a few weeks so me and villa found it killed it and ate it. It didn't have much meat... honestly it wasn't that good...


We paused to rest one day and were waving to people as the passed on the road in front of us. We waved to and greeted this guy and he stopped, put his hands straight up in the air and said, " Yes sir yeja (a twi word meaning respect) good evening!" Hahaha me and villa were cracking up. Villa then said, "Ok new goal is get someone to raise the roof." Haha Ghanaians are so funny sometimes. 


Shout out to Memmott cuz I have better luck in finding jerseys than him.


Shout out to Wunderlich, the most feverish missionary I've ever met and who tried to shake my hand while holding a plucked chicken.


Random news: I will be training a new missionary and taking over a new area in Asuom for the next while. 


Also it’s likely that because of transfers I will be returning home on September 18. So that is exciting!