Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 49: Flied Fish

So something really sweet is that people here cant say their R's right. For example when they say fried fish, they say, "flied fish". Like they say it like an L. Yesterday an a investigator said, "I don't know how to play (pray).” So we helped her learn how to 'play'. So sweet.

One crazy rejection experience: So we have been trying this new place to be finding new investigators and me and Elder Bangura (we were on exchange) went to this one house and knocked the gate to see if we could teach someone there. So we knocked and ran into some hardcore baptists from Liberia. Man, they were really smart and even called us “Mormons” (which never happens here). They just call us Latter-day Saints. So these people were educated and kinda freaked about the Book of Mormon the whole time. So after a lesson where they completely did not accept what we taught, the husband drove up as we were leaving. He is a white man from England and an avid atheist. So he gets out and starts yelling at us from his car. Saying there is no god and science blah blah blah. So i just testified to which he reviled my testimony and then I said, all right and I tried to give him a Book of Mormon saying that he could know that there was a god. He did not accept it and so we walked away. Ss we were walking away, he yelled, "I curse your god every day and I’m still alive, and I’ll live longer than you!" Yeah, it was quite the experience. Your emotions after that are pretty everywhere. Sadness for him. Frustration that he reviled your testimony. But also grateful that we suffered for the cause of Christ like Peter and John. So it was interesting.

To conclude I've never seen scripture more fulfilled than I have out here on mission. It’s all so real. The apostasy, the hatred toward the truth, etc. it’s all so real.

Sincerely, Elder Janda