Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 50: "Hit" by a Car

I'm too tired to write a long and clever email so here you go:

I heard something hilarious this week form one of our investigators. She said, "Please, is it true that in USA there is just money on the ground and that you can just pick it up and buy stuff?" I laughed and said that it wasn't true and that we have to work for money. Haha. So funny.

We went to teach this girl named A. and we had already eaten a ton that day and when we got to her house she said she was going to feed us. Oh boy. So she brought like a 3 course meal to us. Oh man. I was so stuffed to the brim. Like I couldn't sit up straight cuz my stomach was so full. It was funny haha and then we had to teach her. So funny. But we taught her and then invited her to pray and ask God if this message was true. So two days later we went to follow up and I asked if she prayed she said she did so I asked her if she got an answer (every missionary braces his or herself at this moment). She said, “Yes.” Oh man, I was so happy! So she is totally excited about it. We invited her to baptism and she said, “Yes, and that I wouldn't say yes or be inviting you back unless I knew this was true.” Wow. What a great response. I was so happy.

This transfer is almost over. I'm starting to total up things and I counted that I've talked with over 90 people this transfer. Wow. we’ve offered the gospel to 90 people in the past 5 weeks. We've had about 45 new people to teach from that effort. Of those 45, 2 have baptismal dates, both of whom are referrals, one from a member and one from another companionship of Elders. Wow. A lot of work to receive 2 referrals. But I take my success in knowing that I warned 90 people and offered them the truth and that the Lord works in mysterious ways. Maybe he was trying us to see if we would work hard and then rewarded us with 2 referrals. That’s how it is.

Also I got hit by a car the other day. That was crazy. Head on it dove off the road right for me so I totally parkoured off of the hood and swung myself to the side. It drove off not even stopping. Ha it was crazy. I walked away checking myself seeing if I got hurt but I was actually ok. So that was crazy. Missionaries are protected! It is the truth. Anyway, that is life. I'm okay mom, don't worry :-)

All right. I'm out. Love you all.