Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 10: A dead rat! Somebody should have cleaned this place!

so my keyboard is really bad here in a ninternet cafe so forgive me for my terrible spelling. bad keybard plus my typing skills equals ltos of spelling erors.

So we went to meet again with a woman that we hadn't taught for a couple weeks back and we had an awesome lesson. We taught her about temples and told her that she could be sealed to her family forever and that her son would always be her son. It was so powerful.

We also taught a guy named Daniel. He is a guy that one day just came to church and we started teaching him. He is really slow and can't process very well but he is an awesome, awesome guy. So we just try to use very small words so that he can understand well. When we finished our lesson about the Plan of Salvation (which was super awesome) he said the prayer. It was so so simple and I didn't hear all of it but the Spirit was super present as he prayed. His words were simple and tender. He really is talking to the Lord.

So then we taught a lesson to a guy named Blessed. The guy is so cool and he really is coming to understand our message very well and see that this isn't just another church that we are teaching him about. I felt prompted to say a lot of things throughout the lesson and was thankful that my words were being given me by the Holy Ghost. I felt especially prompted to testify of the power of prayer to him. I told him, "So for us, we've laid this all out very well for you. But maybe for you, you still have doubts about it in your heart (the Spirit told me that he was still doubting). So there is a way for you to know for yourself 100% that this is all true. There is someone you can ask and it’s not any of us here in this circle. Do you know who?" He said that he didn't so I said, "Who will never lead you astray?" He said God. I said, "So for you Blessed, you can ask God in prayer if these things are true. And blessed I testify that if you ask in faith, the Lord will give you an answer. We are promised that all throughout the Bible and the Book of Mormon and I promise you as well that you can." I also said many other things and opened Book of Mormon scriptures for him about prayer. The Spirit was there and he said that he would pray about it. We asked him what he would do once he got an answer and he said that he'd act on it. We then gave him a baptismal date for January 8 and asked him if it was soon enough. He then responded with a simple and powerful statement: "If I pray tonight and get an answer, I'll be baptized tomorrow."

So after that lesson, we were walking back and walked through a grove of coconut trees. So I decided to climb one. I took off my shoes and socks and climbed it hahahaha I got half way up and was like holy cow I'm so high ahahahah so I climbed down but next time, I'm getting up there man and picking a coconut hahaha I wish I could send the video but it won't work hahah so I'll show you later haha

Also, we did deep cleaning this week and found a dead rat in our apartment from who knows when hahahah so so so so so sickkkkkk!!!! Just disgusting hahahaha

Yeah so slow week cuz we had to stay in our apartments cuz of elections here but no worries. We made the most of the lessons were able to teach!

Looking forward to getting back to missionary work this week hahaha

Peace out from Ghana,

(Also everyone here says "yo" a ton! They call it american slang hahah)

Yo