Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week 8: The War Chapters

So first off: things I missed this week:

Skipping rocks... weird but yeah I missed it one day...

I really miss Hamilton. Man. every single song I miss so much. Sometimes I sing them to myself but its just not the same. So I came up this this rap:

Yo yo yo yo yo yo I’m Elder Janda in the place to be, two years on my feet-may feel like three, ha these Ghanaians may not want it from me, but I will teach chicka preach till baptized they all be!

Haha yeah pretty good if I do say so myself :)

I also missed the song Lady by Styx. yeah,I didn’t even listen to that song that much back hime but yeah, sometimes you just remember and really miss things like that... haha.

So mom, remember when I was super high on wisdom teeth stuff and I was talking about how the ladies in Africa would take care of me when I’m away from you? Well this lady, Mama Rasta, is that lady. She is taking care of me haha, she feed me talapia which is very nice dish here and she is super energetic and funny haha, she is awesome and I always look forward to going and seeing her cuz she is my Ghana lady protector haha :)

We have been teaching a lot of people and most of them are pretty serious! We have several people that are planning to be baptized on Dec 25. If everything works out right, we will have some baptisms on Christmas day and I’ll get to call my family!!! That will truly be a glorious day! But because of this growing success it’s no surprise that there is also growing opposition which I will elaborate on:

So I titled this email the war chapters because in the Book of Mormon in Alma, there are the war chapters and this past week I have really realized that we are at war with Satan.

First battle that we faced was that we were teaching a big group of teachers at this school and then the owners of the school told us that we couldn’t teach there anymore and they didn’t want to see us around... so we have been trying to visit them one on one but it’s so hard because they all live like in complete opposite places of each other... its a bummer because they were all very serious investigators and man, Satan... grrrr.... 

So then battle number two: We have been teaching this girl named Benita and she is sooo smart like she knew about deep gospel stuff that you really have to dig to find so we were really excited to teach her. Her brother is a recent convert and he is awesome, he is taking missionary work to the extreme and giving us referral after referral. Anyways so we have been teaching this Benita girl and she is progressing very well and even when we came last time, she turned off WWE without us asking! She loves WWE so much and is so into it hahaha its one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. So yeah she is really progressing and really interested but then Patrik called us the other day and told us that his parents didn’t want to see us around there ever again... they told him that if he kept brining the missionaries around then they’d kick him out of the house... grrrrrr... its so hard and we decided that we weren’t going to give up on Benita. 

Battle number three: This is the hardest battle. Satan works on you. Subtly and not subtly... I never expected how harsh he would be on me personally. Like I expected it, but not this crazy. He does everything he can to get me to quit, walk away. Every tactic, homesickness, tiredness, sickness, everything. But I won’t give up, because there are people here that need this message, they need Christ and they are kept form it only because they don’t know were to find Him. I can’t give up on them. Even if hell itself opens up to destroy me and this work, I have faith that with Christ, we will win the battle.

Rough week filled with opposition but I know that its only a show that we are going about doing good. Joseph Smith said, when you are going about doing the most good, the greatest opposition comes.

Till next week.



Max saw Elder Clawson at a Zone Conference. (They went to the same High School.)

"Thanksgiving Dinner"