Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 42: Reflecting on the Beginning


So last night I was talking to Elder Stilson on the phone. Elder Stilson was my trainer by the way, if you all can’t remember. And you know, I didn't appreciate him enough when I was with him. You never appreciate your trainer as much as you should haha. He was a great missionary. And a great guy. Looking back, we were good friends at the end of my training and have kept in touch since then. Ha we had a really great conversation last night. Elder Stilson is a great guy and a great missionary. 

So as I am fast approaching one year out here, I've been oft reflecting on the beginning of my mission. Freak I sound like a general authority... man... I've been listening to too any conference talks hahaha 'oft reflecting' what the heck. Anyway, I've come a long way I think. Man, looking back, my training alone felt as long as my entire mission since then hahaha. The past 7 months... so fast. It's interesting. Sometimes it feels like I've been in Ghana for an eternity... and that I have an eternity to go, but other times it feels like I haven't been here that long, and that I don't have that long to go. It’s just interesting.

Yesterday we came home and there were some goats in our compound haha so we shut the gate and chased them around until we caught them. Haha goats are so fun to mess around with cuz when you catch them they freak out and start screaming and they sound like little kids hahaha it's so funny. So after we caught them we tied them together with a jump rope and then let them run around haha it was funny. So yeah, messing with goats. typical.

Man, I found some stuff its called scorpion. It's the french version of Biofreeze man! It’s awesome! Seems to work pretty good! So I've been putting it on my shoulder and stuff. 

Had interviews with president this last week. It’s always a highlight for me when I get to talk to president. He is so wise man. And if you get him talking he will just go haha. We had like and hour long interview (supposed to be 20 mins). He is really great. 

Watched Johnny Lingo last Monday haha, classic.

Love you all and I'm doing cool.

Peace.