Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 43: Happy Birthday Elder Campbell


So five seconds ago when I was at the internet cafe last week... did it feel like five seconds to you? Man... it did to me. 

So there is this kid in our ward who thinks I'm some celebrity. Like there is a Ghanaian show apparently and the main character looks like me I guess. So like my first day in Winneba this kid comes running up to me and asks me if I was the guy from the movie. So I weigh my ability to pretend I am and say yeah thats me haha. And the funny thing is that the characters name is Max hahaha. So this kid thinks that I’m a total super hero ha pretty fun little thing.

So we have been teaching D. and his wife M. (again I remind you that everyone here is named after Bible stuff. Yet I have not yet met a Shardrack or a Meshack or Abednigo...). So they are so great. I always feel really happy leaving after teaching them. 

It was Elder Campbell's birthday yesterday so happy birthday to him. We sang happy birthday to him in all of the different languages these missionaries spoke. So English, Pidgeon, French and Portuguese haha, it was fun. 

Went to another beach activity today. So that was fun. I’ll miss the beach if I leave Winneba in the coming weeks. I’ll probably get transferred after this transfer. I hope I go to the bush...I don't want to go to the city.

Um one cool thing that wasn't even us is that Elder Essis in Winneba 1 area six people be baptized on Sunday... he said it was going to be 12 but they just had to move back a few for some small small reasons. So yeah congrats to them! Trying not to feel jealous but I'm rejoicing in the success they are having.

So yeah that was pretty much what happened this week.

Oh yeah one last thing was that this little kid at the old woman's house stepped on this super sharp sea shell and it totally cut his foot up. So he came running over mid lesson with blood gushing from his foot. So I was like, heck, I've watched LOST I saw how Jack used a sea urchin needle to sew up that one guy. I can totally be the island surgeon haha. So I got up and went over and totally treated the wound hahaha. I felt pretty cool, not gonna lie. :)

So yeah man, doing good in the world is fun ha.

Elder Janda