Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 39: in french:nous mangous, or in twi: yen didi or in enlgish: lets eat!

So today, we were walking to come to the cafe and we were walking to the road side. A taxi flew by noticed that us white men (Obrunis) were walking toward the road so he slammed on the brakes and the car came this screeching halt and then reversed back down the road to us. Haha, we all started laughing haha cuz this taxi guy did not see white people walking to the road… he saw big money signs walking to the road. Haha white man=$$$$ to these people hahaha so funny.

Transfer news: Elder Clauson is leaving... sad. It’ll be sad to not have him around anymore. But it’s been a good 3 months ha so it's ok. Elder Essis has been cooking for me this past week. So nice. Like having a personal chef in the apartment. So nice man. Elder Essis is training also so that'll be interesting to have two trainees in the apartment. Also, Elder Campbell is improving and getting the hang of things a little more I think. So that’s good.

My Twi/Fanti is getting pretty good. I'm able to hold conversations with people and I can say most things now. So now it is just a matter of memorizing vocabulary. I’ve gotten really lazy with it all recently, but I think I'm gonna start up again so I can can be proficient in yelling at Eric and Caden in Twi. Also French. Planning on having like  a 45 min lesson with Elder Essis every night to learn French. So that’ll be cool. Excited for that. I love French. It’s so fun to speak.

Um...

Yeah I think that’s good for this week. Didn’t eat anything crazy... Winneba is not crazy food wise. Oh haha I’ve had more girls throw themselves at me the past two weeks than I have my whole life which is not saying much, but still :-). They are crazy here. One woman told me she wanted to marry me, this other girl was being all flirty to me... and this girl at a restaurant was trying to get me to dance with her. But to all of them I was like, woah girl, what you want? Pretty harsh but when the girl said, "lets dance" and started going crazy towards me I was like, "lets not." Haha made me think of Dumb and Dumber. “Let’s put another shrimp on the barbie. Let’s not.” Hahahaha. So yeah that was really funny. Don’t worry Mom, I’m safe. Even from these crazy women who want white husband. Ha. I'm waiting for my 10 cow woman when I get home. Hahaha.

Ok, that’s enough for this week. Do what you will with this email ha. That’s how it is.