Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 45: Getting Transferred to Kwabenya and Meeting Elder Renlund

So this week was pretty crazy. On Tuesday we got to meet Elder Renlund. It was awesome. I felt the spirit several times and even got to shake his hand. It was really cool. He is a very smart man. He shared about how he went on a safari and that it was blistering hot and that he hated it. But then they saw a whole stampede of elephants and just were in awe for a little. Then after the elephants moved on, his wife said, you forgot about the heat didn't you. He talked about how it’s hot and that we may have times where its easy to focus on the heat but if we focus on the Savior, we forget about the heat. He also shared a hilarious joke about camping which dad will get a kick our of. He said, “I don’t understand why we work 52 weeks in the year only to spend our 2 week vacation pretending like we are homeless." Oh man, it was so funny. It was hilarious cause he was like super serious when he said it hahaha oh man so funny.

So yeah. During the week we went to teach this girl who was friends with JK a youth member here and he was like all super nervous to go so and didn't want to haha. He obviously was in love with her. So we decided to go see a couple other people, but when those fell through, I knew where we should go ha. So I walked to her house and JK just followed not knowing where we were going haha. Oh man, when we went there he was outta there! Haha he stood like a mile down the road and waited for us to finish contacting her haha oh man, it was so funny. but the next day we had a really good lesson with her so it was ok haha.

Not much happened this week just because we were out for the Elder Renlund thing for like 2 days but, it was ok.

Elder Campbells training is finished. Pretty crazy. For me these past few transfers have absolutely flown by. I am really shocked. In 6 weeks I turn one year. Man, I cant believe that. It’s good. I'm getting close to the downhill as they say.

I'm getting transferred to a place called Kwabenya. It is pretty city. It's really close to Accra. So it'll be interesting. We are white washing the area with means like we are taking over from the Sisters. So that'll be interesting. It’s also going to be my first African companion. He is from Nigeria. His name is Elder Pinnock. Haha, yeah man this will be a very different experience for me.

Ok. I’ll finish with a little spiritual. This week, I’ve come to realize that the Lord is grateful for his missionaries. Elder Renlund talked a little about that and I've been pondering on his words throughout the week. I've come to know for myself that the Lord has an enormous amount of compassion and love for people. He loves us because he has felt what we feel. That is an amazing thought to me. He felt it when he suffered in the garden of Gethsemane. Every piece of what you feel. Sometimes I think the hard thing is having the faith that He is there and that He felt it. In john 3 the Lord talks about how we can feel the wind but we can’t see it or tell where it comes from. I think that is similar to how this is. We can feel and trust that the Savior is there and that he knows and understands, but we can’t see him. Although we are not physically with him, we can still be "encircled about eternally in the arms of his love" as Lehi says.