Monday, August 7, 2017

Week 44: Bring Me the Head of a Pig

‘Bring me the head of a pig.’ -Brian Reagan

Gonna make it short and sweet this week. So the week was all right...

Fun thing for this week was today. We all pitched in a bunch of money and bought a pig. Then we went and bought some wood and took it all to the beach and built a big fire with the help of the bush people and cooked a pig on the beach hahah. It was so fun ha. Yeah man. Making some sweet memories here. This was one of them. Next week I’ll send some video of it all... my computer isn't working today. So yeah, we will be chopping pig for the rest of the week haha.

Sundays are challenging in this area…. they all speak Fanti (which I don’t speak) during the meetings so I just read the Doctrine and Covenants, which I love doing. One thing I do that I suggest for others cuz its like one of those cool things people do. is anytime I feel the spirit while I read a verse or something, I write down 'felt the spirit" and then the date. It is cool for a lot of reasons. But one thing is like in the future if you are ever doubting you felt the spirit or anything, you have written proof. So yeah. I like doing that. Makes my scriptures feel very personal.

Someone in church asked me why I endure to the end on my mission, and this has been something I've been pondering at the back of my mind the past a few weeks or months... whatever its been. The reason I stay and work hard and am being obedient is because I want the Lord to know that I can do anything for Him. I want him to know that if he needs someone to do the hard thing, Elder Janda has got it. I want Him to be proud of me and thus it is. Amen.